Colorado Springs Pollen Report for July 24, 2015
Tree present: Pine
Weeds: Chenopod/Amaranth, Sagebrush, Ragweed
Allergy Tip of the Day: Preventing Allergy Symptoms
If the right precautions are taken, there is no reason why even the worst allergy sufferers have to tolerate allergy symptoms. The American Academy of Allergy Asthma & Immunology recommends the following tips to lessen allergy symptoms:
- Do a thorough spring cleaning – windows, book shelves, and air conditioning vents collected dust and mold throughout the winter that can provoke allergy symptoms.
- Postpone outdoor activities until later in the morning. Pollen is usually emitted between the hours of 5 am – 10 am.
- If possible, use air conditioning instead of having windows open.
- When traveling in a car, have the windows up and the air conditioning on.
- Stay indoors on hot, dry and windy days.
- Don’t hang your laundry out to dry. Allergens will collect on them.
- Do not mow the lawn or rake leaves without a filter mask.
- Wash bedding weekly in hot water.
- Shower and wash your hair every night before going to bed.
- Remove visible mold with non-toxic cleaning products.
- Beware of high mold spore counts after a heavy rain or in the evening.
Provided by: Asthma & Allergy Associates, P.C. and Research Center, Dr. Robert Nathan, Dr. Daniel Soteres, Dr. Luke Webb