Adverse Air Quality Tips
Colorado Springs, CO., Asthma Allergy Associates, PC, offers the following information in dealing with poor air quality due to the fires in nearby states.
- Stay inside as much as possible
- Set A/C to recirculate mode…close vents and keep windows closed
- If your breathing symptoms worsen, call your doctor especially with increasing coughing, wheezing or shortness of breath
- You may need a change in medication to help handle increased stress
- If you use Oxygen at home, don’t adjust levels before talking to your doctor
- Children are more susceptible to problems with irritation, so inside activities are recommended
Asthma & Allergy Associates, P.C. was started in Colorado Springs in 1930. In 1979 Dr. Robert A. Nathan was hired to join the practice. In March 2006, Dr. Soteres joined Asthma & Allergy Associates. Dr. Soteres also has extensive training in Pediatrics. In November 2007, began an additional satellite clinic in the Briargate area (northern Colorado Springs); January 2009, Dr. Daniel F. Soteres (MD, MPH) became a partner in Asthma & Allergy Associates, PC. Dr. Luke Webb joined the practice in 2012, and on July 1, 2015 became a partner.
Our physicians have provided continuous allergy care to the people of Southern Colorado for over 80 years. Our allergy clinic is the only one in Southern Colorado with doctors who have been president’s of and prior executive members of the Boards of Directors of the two national allergy societies, have been president’s of the Colorado Allergy Society and the Western Society of Allergy and Immunology, and have done extensive clinical research, and have published many peer-reviewed journal articles on allergy and asthma in the national and international medical literature.