Colorado Springs Pollen Report For August 22, 2019
Sagebrush, Chenopod/Amaranth, Ragweed, Composites, Other
Allergy Tip of the Day: 5 Things to Know about Asthma
Pollen Forecast: Without any widespread rain in the forecast, pollen and mold numbers will remain at current levels through the weekend.
Did You Know?: 5 Things to Know about Asthma
1. Don’t wait for an asthma attack to see your doctor. Routine appointments can detect changes in your health.
2. Minimize your exposure. Avoidance is the best way to limit your exposure to allergens and asthma triggers.
3. Don’t stop taking your medication if your symptoms improve. Suddenly stopping can worsen symptoms or trigger an attack.
4. Allergens aren’t the only thing that can trigger an attack. Cold air, cigarette smoke, air pollution strong odors and chemical fumes can make asthma worse.
5. Symptoms worsen at night. One reason is that muscles in your airway relax and narrow when you are lying down.
You can’t always prevent an asthma attack, but you can take steps to help lower the chances. Talk with your doctor about your asthma control plan.
Provided by: Asthma & Allergy Associates, P.C. and Research Center, Dr. Daniel Soteres, Dr. Luke Webb