Colorado Springs Pollen Report For October 9, 2019
Sagebrush, Chenopod/Amaranth, Dandelion
Allergy Tip of the Day: 5 Ways To Keep Your Home Healthy This Winter
Pollen Forecast: Weed pollen could still be moderate today ahead of the cold front coming through, but once that hard freeze happens with the associated moisture, most plants will not survive the storm. There could be stray pollen around for a few more weeks as temperatures do rebound nicely, however, this should not cause symptoms.
Did You Know?: 5 Ways To Keep Your Home Healthy This Winter
- Let fresh air in. At least two times a day, preferably once in the morning and once before bed, open up your windows for about 5-10 minutes.
- Reduce dryness. Use a humidifier to bring some moisture back into your home’s air. Between 20% – 30% is optimal.
- Keep your home clean. Vacuum floors and upholstered furniture, change bedding and change air filters regularly.
- Fix any leaks. Mold loves moisture.
- Put off redecorating until spring. Avoid introducing new paint, upholstered furniture, or carpeting and rugs to prevent a buildup of volatile organic compounds.
Provided by: Asthma & Allergy Associates, P.C. and Research Center, Dr. Daniel Soteres, Dr. Luke Webb, Dr. James Fulton