Immune deficiency, or immunodeficiency disorders, are most likely seen in primary and secondary states and are known as a diverse group of illnesses resulting from immune system abnormalities. An immune deficiency basically means that the immune system’s ability to fight off infectious diseases is entirely absent or has been compromised. Defects in the immune system can lead to increased susceptibility, autoimmune diseases and allergies.
These defects are most commonly acquired and are rarely an ailment that a person is born with. A person with an immunodeficiency disorder is said to be “immunocompromised.” Immune deficiency in adults is something to pay attention to and be aware of. Spotting the warning signs of an immune deficiency can better the chances of a successful treatment.
This is precisely why the allergy/ immunology specialists at the Asthma and Allergy Associates are attempting to make their clients aware of this issue and get them to notice the warning signs before it becomes too late.
Below are 10 warning signs for possible immune deficiency in ADULTS.
1. Two or more ear infections within 12 months
2. Two or more new sinus infections within 12 months, in the absence of allergy
3. One pneumonia per year for more than 1 year
4. Chronic diarrhea with weight loss
5. Recurrent viral infections (especially herpes, warts or condyloma)
6. Recurrent need for IV antibiotics to clear infections
7. Recurrent, deep abscesses of the skin or internal organs
8. Persistent thrush or fungal infection on skin or elsewhere
9. Infection with normally harmless tuberculosis-like bacteria
10. A family history of a primary immune deficiency
If you or someone you know is affected by two or more of the above immune deficiency warning signs, please see one of our allergy/immunology specialists at Asthma and Allergy Associates in Colorado Springs, Pueblo or Canon City ASAP. Our wonderful staff here at ACCOS takes pride in helping you find the right treatment for you ailment symptoms. Call us today!